In order to determine an accurate order for a listing of the Top 10 Clothing Brands and to make it easier to read, I decided to use some of the industry’s own critics to establish a good, overall listing of the top brands. I selected eleven lists with a varying number between nine to fourteen companies each and came up with an overall top ten clothing brands. A description of how this was achieved follows.
5. Louis Vuitton
7. Dolce & Gabbana
12. Oscar del la Renta
15. Marc Jacobs
16. Ralph Lauren
19. Yves Saint Laurent
20. Ermenegildo Zegna
Every one of these companies, and more, is competing for your money and it is always good to know when to pick up a brand in the Goodwill and have that knowledge that it is worth buying due to the name being well known for not just it’s expense but more importantly for the quality. Here is a set of links of organizations that gave their impressions in no special order as to the top brands recognized around the world. As you can see, the same names occur in some of the lists but may be in different order. Learn these brands and take a closer look at whether you believe it would be worth your while to take to the cashier when you are ready to check out.
(A) I ran across this list of the Top 10 Most Expensive Clothing Brands and was surprised as to some of the names provided. This article can be found on wonderslist.com and in short is represented in more detail as to how they were chosen but here are the top ten suggested in the order represented from the top to the number ten:
1) Gucci, 2) Chanel, 3) Prada, 4) Dolce and Gabbana, 5) Armani, 6) Marc Jacobs, 7) Dior, 8) Guess, 9) Versace, and 10) Valentino.
(B) ABCNewsPoint had a similar top ten and most of the same are represented here as well in different ordering:
1) Gucci, 2) Chanel, 3) Dolce and Gabbana, 4) Prada, 5) Armani, 6) Versace, 7) Dior, 8) Valentino, 9) Guess, and 10) Fendi.
ABCNewsPoint also ranks the top ten most expensive mens suits in the world for 2015:
1) Stuart Hughes Diamond Edition, 2) Alexander Amosu Bespoke, 3) William Westmancott Ultimate Bespoke, 4) Kiton K-5, 5) Desmond Merrion, 6) Brioni Vanquish II, 7) World Wool Record Challenge Cup, 8) William Fioravanti, 9) Ermenegildo Zegna, and 10) Brooks Brothers.
(C) TheRichest.com has a list of fourteen of the most expensive clothing companies in the world:
1) Oscar De La Renta, 2) Louis Vuitton, 3) Prada, 4) Chanel, 5) Dior, 6) Gucci, 7) Dolce & Gabbana, 8) Armani, 9) Burberry, 10) Versace, 11) Ralph Lauren, 12) Hermès, 13) Fendi and 14) Marc Jacobs.
TheRichest.com also ranks the ten most expensive men’s suits in the world:
1) Stuart Hughes Diamond Edition, 2) Alexander Amosu Vanquish II Bespoke, 3) Drmeuil Vanquish II, 4) Zoot Suit, 5) William Westmancott Ultiimate Bespoke, 6) Kiton K-50, 7) Desmond Merrion Supreme Bespoke, 8) Brioni Vanquish II, 9) World Wood Record Challenge, and 10) Ermenegildo Zegna Bespoke.
(D) Another website, MostLuxuriousList.com has a similar arrangement of some of the same companies:
1) Oscar del la Renta, 2) Louis Vuitton, 3) Prada, 4) Chanel, 5) Dior, 6) Gucci, 7) Armani, 8) Burberry, 9) Versace, and 10) Fendi.
(E) Luxxory.com has a very similar list as above of nine of the most expensive clothing brands:
1) Oscar del la Renta, 2) Louis Vuitton, 3) Prada, 4) Chanel, 5) Dior, 6) Gucci, 7) Dolce & Gabbana, 8) Armani and 9) Burberry.
(F) Another site, Top101News.com has the top 10 World class clothing brands in 2016:
1) Gucci, 2) Chanel, 3) Prada, 4) Dolce and Gabbana, 5) Armani, 6) Marc Jacobs, 7) Dior, 8) Guess, 9) Burberry and 10) Valentino.
(G) Top10For.com has eleven most luxurious clothing brands for 2015:
1) Prada, 2) Gucci, 3) Louis Vuitton, 4) Burberry, 5) Dolce and Gabbana, 6) Chanel, 7) Dior, 8) Versace, 9) Hermès, 10) Fendi and 11) Armani.
(H) Top10For.com also has a list of the top ten most successful fashion brands:
1) Gucci, 2) Prada, 3) Chanel, 4) Fendi, 5) Coach, 6) Cartier, 7) Louis Vuitton, 8) Hermès, 9) Rolex and 10) Burberry.
(I) Amazing Beautiful World has a list of the 12 Most Expensive Clothing Brands of 2013:
1) Gucci, 2) Chanel, 3) Dolce and Gabbana, 4) Prada, 5) Armani, 6) Versace, 7) Dior, 8) Valentino, 9) Yves Saint Laurent, 10) Guess, 11) Fendi and 12) Louis Vuitton.
(J) ListAKA has a page with the Top 10 Best Luxury Clothing Brands in the World as listed:
1) Louis Vuitton, 2) Chanel, 3) Prada, 4) Dior, 5) Hermès, 6) Burberry, 7) Gucci, 8) Versace, 9) Armani, 10) Dolce & Gabbana
(K) ListOvative has a list of the Top 12 Best Luxury Clothing Brands in the World as follows:
1) Louis Vuitton, 2) Hermès, 3) Gucci, 4) Prada, 5) Chanel, 6) Burberry, 7) Fendi, 8) Dior, 9) Dolce and Gabbana, 10) Armani, 11) Versace, 12) Ralph Lauren.
I took twenty of the companies offered and assigned a reverse score for each based on their placement. For example, if the company came in first place, it was assigned a number 20 while second place came in with a score of 19 and so forth. More lists will be added as they are located and the scores/rank adjusted accordingly. These numbers were tallied for each ranking and the results are shown below with the company indicating the higher scores toward the top. Prada came in first followed quite closely by Gucci and Chanel. For some, the score was separated by only a few numbers so this example cannot be considered statistically significant in any way but rather be taken as just a list of the lists compiled to make it easier to compare for this period of time.
|7||Dolce & Gabbana
|12||Oscar del la Renta
|19||Yves Saint Laurent||12||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||12||–||–|
(A) Top 10 Most Expensive Clothing Brands
(G & H) Top10For.com
(I) Amazing Beautiful World